Saturday 3 May 2014

Warders Arrest Caterer for Smuggling Marijuana to Prisoners in Lagos.

A 35 year-old caterer, Oyinyechi Ezirim, has been arrested by officials of the Kirikiri Prisons in Lagos over an attempt to smuggle cannabis hidden inside noodles to her inmate boyfriend.
According to a statement made available to our correspondent by the spokesperson of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, on Friday, the prison officials discovered the drug during a routine examination of food items brought for inmates.

The Lagos State Commander of the NDLEA, Mr. Aliyu Sule, said that the suspect, who had been handed over to the agency by the prisons authorities, would soon be charged to court.
Sule said, “The suspect in her statement said that her detained boyfriend directed her to a woman to collect two cartons of noodles.”

“The compressed dried weeds concealed inside noodles tested positive for cannabis and weighed 4.1kg. She will soon be charged to court.”

Ezirim, a graduate of Imo School of Catering said, “I used to buy noodles for my boyfriend who has been in prison custody for one year. He promised marry me. Last week, he told me that a former inmate promised to send him two cartons of noodles

“He asked me to contact the man on phone. When I did, the man referred me to his wife who
gave me the noodles. Unfortunately, when I got to the prison, twenty packs of the noodles were found to contain hemp. That was how I found myself here.”

NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade, while commending the prison authorities, said that the case would be thoroughly investigated

“I commend the prison authorities for the arrest and prompt transfer of the suspect for prosecution,” Giade stated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment Below